So this is easier and involves less ingredients than the non vegan version but still just as indulgent for the feasting of Shrove Tuesday. If you prefer a thick fluffy American style pancake, check out this recipe for Fluffy sweet pancakes
I decided to serve this with a vegan hazelnut and cocoa spread by Nature’s Store. I found this in the Free-From aisle in Tesco. I drizzled the top with choc-shot liquid chocolate sauce also from Tesco and vegan friendly. The strawberries worked brilliantly with the rich chocolate.
You can, of course, enjoy more traditionally and simply add a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sugar.
10 minutes prep
20-30 minutes cooking (a couple of mins per pancake)
Makes 8 pancakes
1 cup or 120g plain flour
2 tbsp caster sugar (optional)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1.5 – 2 cups or 350- 500 ml non dairy milk
1. Whisk all the ingredients together until it forms a pourable batter. Add more non dairy milk if needed
2. Heat a non stick frying pan to a medium heat (mine was on 7 of 9)
3. For even sized pancakes I used a 1/3 measuring cup. Drop the mixture in one movement onto the centre of the hot pan and gently tilt to spread the mixture
4. As the edges start to brown, flip(!) and cook the other side. It only takes around a minute per side so don’t neglect them!
5. If you don’t want to serve as you go, you can keep them warm in a low oven.
Serve with chocolate spread and strawberries or a squeeze of lemon with a sprinkle of sugar.