This recipe is from BBC Good Food and the original can be accessed here
I’ve made some adjustments according to my own personal preference- also I felt that 3 avocados made A LOT. I’ve made a generous portion for one, double/triple up as needed.
Another naturally vegan recipe, the rich creaminess of the avocado makes this a real delight.
- 2 small or 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice of one lime (keep an extra wedge for later if you intend to store it)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 regular tomato or 4 cherry tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 chili, deseeded and finely diced (sub with crushed chili or chili powder if you want)
Scoop the avocado flesh out and into a mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mash with a hand/balloon whisk which roughly chops the soft flesh whilst allowing some chunks to remain.
If you aren’t going to serve immediately, squeeze some extra lime over the top and cover with cling film- press the cling film lightly to the surface so there is no air in there. Nerd alert: The old wives tale of the stone stopping it going brown only works because it is preventing contact with the air but obviously it won’t cover the whole potion (unless you were unlucky enough to get a MASSIVE stone). Actual science fact.