From bed to blender, this breakfast smoothie will wake you up and keep you full until lunchtime!
Time to make:
- Prep: 0 minutes
- Prepare: 5 minutes
- Total: 5 minutes.
This is Good For:
- Wakey wakey times! #caffeine
- May help to regulate blood sugar.*
- Quick and healthy
- Breakfast on the go – shove it in your bag or enjoy in the car/on the train/walking
- Weight training/weight loss via the perfect amount of protein for a pre-dawn punch in the face
- Coffee (I use 1 Nespresso pod from the coffee machine, but if you only have access to instant, that’s fine too. Make a small amount with 1 teaspoon instant in a cup).
- 30g chocolate flavoured vegan protein powder (I use Happy Way)
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite nut butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Dash of cold water OR 2 tablespoons full fat coconut cream (please don’t use ‘lite’ or ‘skimmed’, this smoothie promotes fat burning and for that, you need to add fat!)
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Preferably (but no essential) a coffee machine
- Stick blender or food processor
- Add everything except for the cinnamon to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add water/coconut cream until you achieve desired consistency. I like mine medium.
- Pour into a glass/takeaway cup and sprinkle on some cinnamon.
- Enjoy you healthy beast!
*Some studies have shown a benefit from the spice in that it may curb blood sugar by lowering insulin resistance. However, other studies have demonstrated no such benefit. However, studies have included different doses and different types of cinnamon, which makes it hard to compare the results. It’s possible that cinnamon might help the body use insulin more efficiently, but more research is needed. However, lab studies have found that cinnamon may reduce inflammation, have antioxidant effects. and fight bacteria.